Brick from Cleveland’s League Park, Home to Multiple Pro Baseball and Football Teams.
Lot 285. Brick from Cleveland’s League Park, Home to Multiple Pro Baseball and Football Teams. The park opened in 1891, underwent renovations in 1910, closed in 1946 and was razed in1951. Its tenants included Major League Baseball’s Cleveland Spiders (1891-99) and Cleveland Indians (1901-46). Three Cleveland NFL teams played there: The Indians-Bulldogs (1924-27), Indians (1931) and Rams (1937, 1942 and 1944-45). The park also hosted the Cleveland Lark Shores of the Western League (1900); the Cleveland Buckeyes of the Negro American League (1943-48 and 1950); and the football Cleveland Tigers-Indians of the Ohio League (1916-19) and American Professional Football Association (1920-22). The brick is 2 ¼” x 3 7/8” x 8 ½” and has a brass plate identifying it as a “Genuine Artifact” from League Park. It comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from Ron Ward signed in 2002. Winning Bid $83.